There is an active and friendly ladies section at Whiteleaf Golf Club and new lady visitors are always made very welcome.
“As a golfer joining a new club, I have found the Whiteleaf lady members both welcoming and friendly.”
Ladies’ medal and stableford competitions are played on Tuesdays, but for working ladies or those with busy lives, competitions can also be played at weekends. Throughout the year there are several competition days which
involve 9 or 18 holes of golf, followed by a lunch and prize giving.
There is a full calendar of home and away league and friendly matches against other clubs in the area, as well as several social events within the year.
We have a regular Monday afternoon roll-up when ladies can meet up to play some golf followed by a coffee. Thursday mornings provide an opportunity for new and academy members to join existing lady members to play the course, practice their golf, acquire their handicap and make new friends.
In signing the R & A’s Women in Golf Charter, which is supported by England Golf, Whiteleaf Golf Club is committed to maintaining and developing a more inclusive culture within the sport of golf and at our Club. Our commitment values women’s involvement in every aspect of the sport from active participation, to working on committees and the Board of Directors, to encouraging aspirants to pursue a career in the sport should they so wish.
We commit to this Charter by:
• Delivering up to two recruitment events a year targeting women to encourage participation in the sport which are aligned with England Golf campaigns
• We will have designated Buddies within the Club who will support new participants from the Academy and also welcome more experienced players into the Club
• We will aim to achieve up to 20% female representation on our Board of Directors and management committees over the next 2 – 3 years and will actively promote those positions linked to role descriptions which are not gender specific
• We will remain a SafeGolf accredited club and ensure policies and procedures remain up to date
• A designated Charter Champion has been appointed who will assist with the promotion and reporting of the Charter
Whiteleaf Golf Club is one of only 12 clubs (as of Jun 23) in the Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire region who have worked to achieve the status of signatory to the Women in Golf Charter. Show More Details
For ladies who are interested in taking up golf, our PGA-qualified professional team run taster sessions for ladies throughout the year. Contact the Pro Shop for more information.
“As an Academy Member I was allocated a ‘buddy’ who would meet with me and offer to take me on the course while helping me to attain a handicap. I was amazed how friendly everyone was. Joining Whiteleaf has provided me with new friends but also a wealth of hints and tips passed on by experienced players.
I would wholeheartedly recommend Whiteleaf to anyone who is wanting to explore the game of golf and membership of a welcoming club.”